Business English für wissenschaftliches Personal
- Event location:
- Fort- und Weiterbildung
- Target group:
- Scientific staff
Academics in Germany frequently have very good second language skills in English, but they face two challenges: a lack of confidence that can make it difficult to perform comfortably in international settings and an absence of targeted support to prepare for high-profile activities such as presenting in English at international conferences or publishing in English.
This course for advanced learners aims to help with these challenges by giving the chance to focus on real-life situations where they use English professionally:
- Presentations - Practice presenting on academic topics for international symposia, conferences, etc. with material from the participants' various fields.
- Academic writing - What kinds of texts do participants need to produce, for which audiences? Review of previous publications. Plans and support for upcoming publications.
- Meeting & greeting - Practice presenting oneself in various professional situations: at a conference, in a classroom setting, with new colleagues, etc.
- Student interactions - What kinds of encounters do participants typically have with international students (in English). Identification of what goes well and what doesn't. Strategies for improvement.
- Email composition - What kinds of English emails do participants send and receive? Review of contents from existing emails. Strategies for improvement.
Course materials and activities will be developed on the basis of the participants’ real-life English use requirements. Relaxed, results-orientated, all-English atmosphere. Short individual Zoom call to help with group assignment prior to beginning of course.
More information about this event
Fort- und Weiterbildung
+49 561 804-2122
Independent editor, copywriter and trainer
Register here for the event
Diese Veranstaltung ist leider ausgebucht.