EMF: Leadership and Staff Supervision (Marburg)
- Presence event
- Event location:
- Philipps-Universität Marburg – MARA
- Philipps-Universität Marburg/MARA
- Target groups:
- Doctoral candidates
Event language: English
Most people who pursue a career in science will sooner or later rise into a leadership role. As an early career academic, you often work in a team and have to deal with different leadership roles. If you are preparing for a career outside of academia, providing leadership will probably also become part of your daily work.
This workshop aims to prepare you for your different roles. We will discuss leadership theories and how they fit in with your experience and environment. An assessment of your leadership style during the workshop will help you find your personal leadership strengths. On the basis of the insights gained, you will develop your own style of leadership that fits your personality and preferences.
- You will be familiar with the most influential leadership theories and their relevance to academic contexts (trainer input, discussion).
- You will be aware of how you witness others’ leadership and how this influences your perception (individual and group work).
- You will know what leadership style suits you and how to use this style beneficially (individual assessment, trainer input, discussion).
- You will form an individual understanding of leadership that is based on your strengths and values (worksheets, discussions).
Trainer input, discussion, individual and group work
The workshop is planned as an in-person event. You are required to comply with the hygiene measures in effect at the time of the event.
Proficiency in English at the B2 level of competency is required.
You need to register once in our database to use MARA offers.
More information about this event
Philipps-Universität Marburg – MARA
show on map
MArburg University Research Academy
06421 28 21333
mara Bitte fügen Sie an dieser Stelle einen Punkt ein postdoc Bitte fügen Sie an dieser Stelle ein @ ein uni-marburg Bitte fügen Sie an dieser Stelle einen Punkt ein de
Dr. Alexander Egeling
Dr. Alexander Egeling ist Trainer und Coach für Management, Karriere und Kommunikation.