EMF: Management of Third-Party-Funded Research Projects (Marburg)
- Event location:
- Philipps-Universität Marburg, Online
- Philipps-Universität Marburg/MARA
- Target groups:
- Doctoral candidates
Event language: English
Once you have been granted third-party funding, you will be responsible for the following tasks which we will address at this workshop:
- Planning your kickoff meeting.
- Leading your project in accordance with the regulatory framework of your funding organization (e. g., DFG, EU, BMBF) and the university.
This involves responsibility for the research, budget, and people on your team.
- Requesting staff and dealing with changes of staff and salary adjustments.
- Submitting research and financial reports.
- Receiving and incorporating assistance from your administration.
This workshop deals with project management in academia and especially in third-party-funded projects. The goal is to enhance your skills and confidence in managing third-party-funded projects.
- You will know how to effectively manage your project in terms of providing leadership in matters of research, budget, people, and time while respecting the regulatory framework of your funding organization.
- You will be familiar with the basics of how to employ and lead staff and how to deal with changes of staff and make salary adjustments.
- You will be able to submit coherent research and financial reports to your funding organization.
- You will be able to enhance the overall effectiveness of your research projects.
Instructor input, presentations, Q&A sessions, group work on your current projects, simulations
To participate in the online event you need a PC/laptop with a current browser (recommended: Chrome or Firefox) as well as a headset (or speakers and microphone), a webcam plus a stable Internet connection.
Proficiency in English at the B2 level of competency is required.
You need to register once in our database to use MARA offers.
More information about this event
Philipps-Universität Marburg, Online
MArburg University Research Academy
06421 28 21333
mara Bitte fügen Sie an dieser Stelle einen Punkt ein postdoc Bitte fügen Sie an dieser Stelle ein @ ein uni-marburg Bitte fügen Sie an dieser Stelle einen Punkt ein de
Dr. Alexander Schiller
Schiller & Mertens
Dr. Schiller was a DFG Heisenberg fellow and juniorprofessor for inorganic chemistry at the University of Jena (Germany). In 2011 he started the project „Schiller & Mertens“. Since 2016 he is a full-time trainer, certified coach and facilitator: teaching advanced research skills, such as communication in science, team building and leading competences and didactics and methodology in university teaching. As researcher and group leader Dr. Schiller knows the challenges of scientists and addresses them interactively in an innovative setting. He is a member in the „Bundesverband für Training, Beratung und Coaching“. Since 2018, Dr. Schiller is a „Certified Advanced Coach“ by the The Thiagi Group, Inc.