EMF: Presentation of Third-Party-Funded Projects and Research Results (Marburg)
- Presence event
- Event location:
- Philipps-Universität Marburg – MARA
- Philipps Universität Marburg/MARA
- Target groups:
- Doctoral candidates
Event language: English
Presenting one’s own research projects or results in person and fielding critical questions that are asked by expert appraisers is frequently necessary in the course of the evaluation of applications for third-party funding or projects.
This workshop offers an opportunity for you to intensively prepare for presentations of project applications or research results in connection with evaluation procedures with the aid of video support and to practise your own argumentation skills.
You will get differentiated feedback that takes the entire bandwidth of aspects that are relevant for presentations into consideration (structuring, delivery technique, body language, use of media). Moreover, you will learn techniques and strategies that will enable you to respond to critical questions in an eminently competent and convincing manner.
- You will know how to gear your lectures and presentations to various different situations in a systematic and goal-oriented fashion (trainer input).
- You will be aware of the strengths of your presentation as well as concrete options for improving it (feedback, communication with peers).
- You will be more assured when dealing with critical questions and will be familiar with discussion techniques that will enable you to take part in the discussion on an equal footing (trainer input, practice, peer feedback).
Trainer input, practice, feedback of trainer, peer feedback
Two weeks before the workshop begins, you will receive a brief questionnaire about your expectations so that the workshop can be tailored to your needs as specifically as possible. Please prepare a short ten-minute presentation (project application or research results) and bring it with you on the day of the course.
Proficiency in English at the B2 level of competency is required.
You need to register once in our database to use MARA offers.
More information about this event
Philipps-Universität Marburg – MARA
show on map
Philipps Universität Marburg/MARA
Dr. Christine Berger
MArburg University Research Academy (MARA)
Programmkoordination EMF für MARA
06421 28 21310
mara Bitte fügen Sie an dieser Stelle einen Punkt ein postdoc Bitte fügen Sie an dieser Stelle ein @ ein uni-marburg Bitte fügen Sie an dieser Stelle einen Punkt ein de
Dr. Margarete Hubrath
Dr. Margarete Hubrath works with an appreciative, resource- and solution-oriented attitude. She uses various methods from systemic coaching and works with visualizations, changes of perspective and different feedback methods.